If there’s one thing mum of four and Love Boo blogger Polly is an expert on, it’s what essentials you need for a newborn. Here she shares what she knows.. When you’re pregnant, you get bombarded with lists of essentials for baby…. it can seem a little overwhelming. I’ve found after four babies, that actually not everything is essential! Here are my five things that I really couldn’t live without for a new baby.
1. A sling – My babies all love being snuggled up with Mama, but when you have a house and business to run, and other children to look after, it’s essential to have your hands free, at least some of the time. Personally, I prefer the Close Caboo (£59.99) for my newborns, they love snuggling into my chest and I can get some jobs done knowing they are safe and sound.
2. Nightgown – for easy changing at night time, I prefer these Frugi gowns (£15) for bedtime. No fiddly poppers to mess with in the middle of the night!
3. White Noise – this has been a huge one for us, it really works to calm our babies down, both in the daytime and at night. I use the Cloud B Sleep Sheep (£30.95) for Vega’s daytime naps
4. Baby Chair – we’ve used and loved the Nuna Leaf (£160) for Vega – the natural rocking motion keeps him happy, and it’s a comfy and safe place when I need somewhere to pop him down. Has meant I can have a not-quite so rushed shower!
5. Swaddling Robes – I love these ErgoBaby swaddles (£31.90) perfect for keeping baby snug at night and helping them to sleep more. My babies loved being wrapped up tight. What are your essentials for a newborn? Polly is a 33 year old wife, mama, blogger, indie business owner, crafter and nester! She lives with her husband, their three daughters and son in a small town in North Wales. They share their home with two cats, two guinea pigs and three chickens. Polly homeschools her daughters and they spend their days covered in glue and glitter! Read her blog at thisenchantedpixie.org and read about why she loves being pregnant.