When you look back on 2015, can you honestly say you looked after yourself? Or did you mostly put the needs of others before you – rushing around taking your baby to music classes, queuing at the post office and realising you’ve needed a wee for over an hour, and actually, it’s 11am and you haven’t eaten a thing all morning.
Perhaps you’ve got a little one at school, and your days are a whirl of school run, housework, meetings, errands and another school run? It’s all too easy to go through each day, each week, each month, getting “stuff” done, feeling a sense of achievement but then realising that you’re a bit knackered and those dark circles under your eyes are trying to tell you something. So let’s make a pact – let’s make 2016 the year of looking after yourself.
Here are some tips from us, on how to do it!
1. Start the day with a good body scrub in the shower – choose one that’s zesty and punchy, to give you a real wake up call. You’ll feel more awake and ready to start the day.
2. Moisturise all over – now that you’ve taken off the dead skin cells with your scrub, smooth Love Boo’s Soft & Creamy Body Smoother on your elbows, upper arms, knees, shins and feet. They’re the areas that will most need a good moisturise, especially in colder months.
3. Use a hair oil on the middle to the ends of your hair – apply to wet hair and then dry as normal. It will give you glossy locks and takes seconds to do.
4. Put on a kick-ass outfit (one you save for days you want to impress someone).
5. Have a healthy breakfast. If you haven’t already got one, pick up a smoothie maker in the sales. Throw in some spinach, a banana, almond butter, oats, chia seeds and coconut water for a protein-packed and energy boosting brekkie. The best thing is, it will keep you going until lunch time.
6. If you’re a lippy kind of girl, slick some on. It’s amazing how much better it makes you feel! If you’re not, put some of that rose-tinted lip balm on to give your mouth a lovely glow.
7. Keep a bottle of water with you, in your bag, all day and keep hydrated!
8. Get outside! Even if you have no plans, pop your little one into a stroller, pound the pavements, go to the park for a few laps or meet a friend for coffee. Fresh air and moving around is so important.
9. Plan healthy meals and do a big online grocery shop to get all of the ingredients in – that way, you’ll have no excuse to reach for the takeaway menu.
10. Plan in pampering evenings where you light some candles, have a bath (pour in a generous amount of Love Boo’s Splendidly Soothing Bath Soak) put on a face mask, read a book and maybe even have a cheeky glass of wine. It will make you feel relaxed and content.
Let us know how you get on – here’s to looking after ourselves in 2016!