Love Boo blogger Bonita from Mama’s VIB is back with some brilliant new baby buys… Buying a gift for a new mum – and her little bundle of joy needn’t be difficult.
The trick is to buy something that is beautiful – yes, but also useful! And, by useful I don’t mean practical things like bottles/baby grows/nappies and the likes. Although, am sure these buys would be greatly received – most mamas-to-be will have stocked up on these things already. I’m talking Luxe-Ful gifts. Luxury and useful – yes there is such a thing.
Let’s be honest as much as every hormonal mama coos over another cute outfit or soft toy – she’s really thinking ‘not another one!’ I know I did. This isn’t being ungrateful, I promise – it’s more a case of how many little outfits can your baby wear? And, really do you want to be ‘dressing’ them up so soon?
When my daughter was born she wore nothing but baby grows and soft hand knitted cardigans for 3 months. And, it made me feel guilty having all these new outfits going unworn with the 0-3 month tag swinging from them. Plus, the added stress of knowing the gifter was anxiously awaiting a picture of baby in their purchases… So, make a new mama’s day (or, hell, even treat yourself and the baby) to one of these luxe gifts. Not only will it ensure you top marks – I personally believe each and every one will be received with the correct amount of oohs and ahhs – but also, have to added bonus of being loved and USED if not overused!
1. This Fill & Tell BABY RECORD BOOK makes a great gift. With spaces to record everything from birth to first birthday, keepsakes, pictures and memories this is the ultimate present that lasts for years to come – and this ones had space for the first 5 years.
2. Aden & Anais CLASSIC SWADDLES are the gold standard of muzzies! The extra large size mean they can be used as burp cloths, portable cot sheets, pram covers and nappy changing liners – and the best bit – the more you wash them the softer they get.
3. One gift I wish I had received or treated myself to is this Melobaby ALL-IN-ONE NAPPY WALLET & CHANGING MAT. A compact case that puts an end to rummaging for all those changing bits and bobs in your baby bag (and means you don’t have to take the whole bag into the changing area.) They hold 4 nappies, a change of clothes, wet wipes and has a luxe fleece (washable) changing mat.
4. Milestone BABY CARDS is a box set of 30 cute and colourful cards are to be added into your baby picts to mark all those special ‘firsts’. They make great keepsakes as you can write the dates on them too.
5. A new baby gift that we received and one I still treasure today is an English Trousseau BRUSH & COMB SET. It also comes in a gift box making it the perfect little and lightweight gift to send in the post.
6. An item that should never be overlooked – is a good quality bath towel. This is one present that’s never going to go unloved. Give this ‘basic’ gift some added glamour points by opting for a CUDDLEDRY hooded towel that’s made from super soft bamboo.
7. Jellycat SOFT TOYS are always a welcome friend. Classic, cute and above all soft. The hard part will be choosing one!
8. A cashmere baby blanket feels like an indulgence but really nothing comes close to the softness and snuggle factor. I mean really would you want to wrap your new bundle in anything less? And, even more special when they are a gift from someone else. These White Rabbit England striped CASHMERE BLANKETS make for a truly first class gift.
9. A luxury HAPPY BABY SHOWER KIT will always go down well especially as the beauty treats are for mama AND baby. These gentle bath washes will be a welcome treat for any mum –to-be/new mama and baby when they get some time to there selves.
10. If you going to give books, make them these stunning cloth covered ones by Irish designer Orla Kiely BABY BOOKS The 4 books showcase Orla’s famous prints re-worked into a variety of guises to suit her youngest fans. Bonita Turner is mum to the gorgeous Marnie, 3, and blogs at Mama’s VIB. Having worked in fashion for 15 years, looking after the style pages in women’s magazines, Bonita knows a thing or two about shopping and loves giving tips and advice on her blog. She lives in London with her family and as you can see, both Bonita and Miss M know how to rock a Breton top…