We have lots of products which soothe, moisturise and firm up your skin, here at Love Boo, but we think your skin is one of the most under-rated parts of us. It’s such an amazing organ, and does so much for us without us even realising! Here are our top ten favourite things about skin…
1. It’s the body’s largest organ, with the average adult’s skin spanning 21 square feet!
2. Our skin sheds 50,000 cells every minute! Dead skin accounts for around a billion tons of dust in the atmosphere.
3. With all that shedding, how do we have any skin left?! We’re always making new skin cells and we create a new layer of skin every 28 days.
4. Our skin acts as our body’s thermostat. When temperatures rise, sweat glands activate to cool the body down.
5. Each 5 square cm of skin has up to 600 sweat glands.
6. The thinnest layer of skin is around the eyes, particularly the eyelids.
7. Our skin has natural fats called lipids on the outer layer, which keeps in moist and healthy.
8. It takes up to 6 months for babies to develop their permanent skin tone!
9. Vitamins which help our skin are: Vitamins A, D, C and E.
10. Our skin also loves water, but not to bathe in, it loves it when we drink lots of water and stay hydrated! Which is your favourite Love Boo skincare product?